Awning sealing is even easier than cleaning:
- For vinyl (plastic) materials simply wipe the sealer on clean dry vinyl. Our vinyl sealers will give you about 1000 square feet per gallon of sealer.
- Universal Vinyl Sealer 12 is a vinyl sealer that will last up to 12 months.
- Ultra Gloss is our heavy duty sealer that puts a shine on any vinyl and can last up to 18 months.
For open weave (cloth) materials:
- spray the sealer gently onto the fabric from the top down.
- Let it penetrate and dry.
Perma-Seal Fabric Sealer #1 is used for breatheable matierials. Fabric Sealer #3 helps glue the leakiest cloths shut. Fabric Weatherizer is a polution protector and sealant.
By applying the correct sealer to the industrial fabric you can help protect it from sun damage, pollution, acid rain, and other environmental problems.
What NOT To Do:
1. Don't use cleaners that are not rated for industrial fabric use. Janitorial, floor cleaners, bathroom cleaners, and cleaner degreasers are not meant for cleaning industrial fabrics. They are too HARSH . You want a cleaner that will remove the dirt and grime, not damage the fabric. Cleaners with butyl cellusove (EB, the stuff that gives glass cleaner its' smell) are too harsh or caustic for the material. Using them will cause the materials to lose their essential oils that keep them flexible. They will dry out and become brittle. This will shorten their life span.
2. Don't use water based sealers. The water based silicone formulas never dry. They attract dust from the air like a magnet or wash off in the next rain. The acrylic water based sealers will go white and hazy every time it rains. They also hate to be cleaned with anything other than a pH of 7 cleaner. Otherwise they frost up, and the haze will never go away.