1. Is awning cleaning easy? Yes, especially if you read and follow the directions. This is because modern industrial fabrics along with current cleaning chemistry has never been better.
2. Do I need expensive equipment or tools to get started? NO, awning cleaning tools come in all price ranges. You can start with a couple of plastic pump up sprayers, an extension pole, soft brushes , sponges, and a hose for rinsing. These Items can be bought locally.
3. What are the basic steps for awning cleaning? Identify the fabric family. Is it vinyl or open weave cloth? Then choose the cleaner, Universal VINYL CLEANER or Universal FABRIC CLEANER. Spray the cleaner from the bottom up, to prevent streaking. Then lightly scrub the material, and water rinse from the top down.
4. What are the basic steps to awning sealing? If the fabric is vinyl, simply wipe the sealer onto clean dry vinyl and let it penetrate. If you put too much on simply wipe the excess into an unsealed area. let it dry. If the fabric is open weave cloth, spray the sealer from the top down. Let the sealer ooze down the fabric and dry.
5. What about awning color restoration? You can colorize awnings with Perma-Seal RESURFACING COMPOUND. This coating compound has the ability to block out the underneath color. The material would be cleaned, rinsed thoroughly, then a minimum of 2 thin coats applied, and when dry the surface would then be sealed.
6. I'm just starting out. What is the first thing I should do? Order the DVD and the manual on CLEANING & SEALING. The video demonstrates techniques and equipment for cleaning and sealing both vinyl and open weave fabric. While the manual covers 100+ different fabrics, how to identify them, and special cleaning and sealing circumstances. It also has an easy to follow flow chart thatr when you get to the last arrow on the chart you know what type of fabric you are working on, how to to clean it, and seal it.
7. What happens if I have a question later on? We offer FREE technical help. Simply call or E-mail. What might seem like a problem to you has more than likely been answered many times before.
8. How long should an awning last? Most fabric life spans average 7 years. IF THEY ARE MAINTAINED! This means cleaning and sealing them on a regular basis according to their warranty.
9. What exactly are industrial fabrics? Industrial fabrics are those materials (either woven or laminated) that are used in the making of such structures as awnings, tents, banners, flags, canopies, pool liners, tensile structures, or tarps. Clothing and carpeting are not considered industrial fabrics.
10. What is a "back-lit"? This term is used to describe a translucent vinyl fabric. When lights are turned on, under the awning, they glow the color of the awning and display the signage.
11. What does laminate mean? A laminated fabric is one made up of different layers (laminations). This is usually a vinyl fabric that is assembled like a sandwich. A base layer of vinyl, then the scrim, then a top layer compressed and laminated together.
12. What is scrim? In vinyl fabric, the scrim is that inside layer of woven material (looks like a fish net) that gives structural strength to the material.
13. What is a valance? It is the lower edge of an awning or canopy that is usually loose and can flap in the wind.
14. What is open weave? This refers to a type of fabric material that is woven like a cloth.
15. Do I need a lot of different products to get started? NO! To meet all types of fabric maintenance conditions we have a full range of products. You can start out with just one cleaner and one sealer and grow form there.
16. Are awning sealers really needed? Good sealers impart benefits to the material that the material normally does not have. Our sealers impart things such as additional sun protection, a non-stick surface, and bonding to the fabric (not washing off in the rain). A fabric that is properly cleaned and sealed on a regular basis is going to last a lot longer .
17. Do I have to order full cases? NO! You can order exactly what you need in the quantities you need for your project. Our packaging sizes start as small as a quart and go all the way to a 55 gallon drum.
18. How do I place an order? You can call, E-mail, or place a secure order at the store. 19. What if I have further questions? You can call or E-mail.
20. What's in the info-pack? Lots! color flyer, brochure, product list, price list, video and manual information, product descriptions, and it's all free.
21. What is Maintenance Cleaning? This is when the fabric is maintained on a regular basis by using a cleaner and sealer to maintian the material.
© 2023 Awning Rejuvanation Systems International. All rights resurved 102622